Affects Version/s: 4.3
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:HQ-server 4.3.0-EE-1433 running on CentOS 5.4
HQ-agent 4.3.0-EE-1433 running on RHEL 5.4
- Oracle DB 11gR2 running with HQ-agent
Oracle 11g plugin does not auto-discover newly created tablespaces or user instances.
When a new tablespace or user instance is created on the database, it is auto-discovered.
Newly created tablespaces and user instances are not auto-discovered.
Steps to reproduce:
1. On Oracle 11g DB Server, install hq-agent
2. Ensure hq-agent is running and Oracle is auto-discovered by HQ
3. Log into the HQ Server Dashboard
4. Browse and select the Oracle 11g DB platform
5. Select the Oracle 11g server from under the Deployed Servers Health section
6. Select the Oracle 11g Tablespace from under Services
7. Note the existing tablespaces listed
8. Go to Oracle 11g Server UI
9. Create a new tablespace
10. Wait 30 minutes to one hour for auto-discovery
11. Log back into the HQ Server Dashboard
12. Browse and select the Oracle 11g DB platform
13. Select the Oracle 11g server from under the Deployed Servers Health section
14. Select the Oracle 11g Tablespace from under Services
15. Note the newly created tablespaces is NOT listed
16. Repeat the same for User Instance
Restarting the agent shows discovers the newly created tablespace and user instance.
1. Running 'New Auto-Discovery' on the Oracle 11g DB platform does not discover the new tablespace and user instance
2. The hq-agent is started as root but oracle .profile sourced; all ORACLE environment variables set for root user before starting hq-agent.
3. Restarting the hq-agent as same root user discovers new tablespace and user instance
4. Running command line discover as root shows the newly created tablespace