Affects Version/s: 4.3
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Agent / PDK
Environment:HQ-server 4.3.0-EE-1433 running on CentOS 5.4
HQ-agent 4.3.0-EE-1433 running on RHEL 5.4
The hq-agent requires restart to auto-discover new resources for plugin applications. Anytime an application is being monitored via a plugin, newly created resources are not auto-discovered; it requires the hq-agent being restarted for HQ to see the new resources.
This applies to but not limited to the following resources:
- WebApps and Applications with WebLogic (WLS)
- TableSpaces and User Instances with Oracle DB
- Databases with SQL Server
Newly added resources should be auto-discovered without having to start the hq-agent.
Newly created resources are not auto-discovered.
Steps to reproduce:
1. On Application (i.e. WebLogic, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), install hq-agent
2. Ensure hq-agent is running and Application is auto-discovered by HQ
3. Log into the HQ Server Dashboard
4. Browse and select the Application platform
5. Select the Application Server from under the Deployed Servers Health section
6. Select the Auto-Group for the given Application from under Services
7. Note any existing resources that are listed
8. Go to Application and create a new resource
9. Wait 30 minutes to one hour for auto-discovery
10. Log back into the HQ Server Dashboard
11. Browse and select the Application platform
13. Select the Application Server from under the Deployed Servers Health section
14. Select the Auto-Group for the Application from under Services
15. Note the newly created resource is NOT listed
Restarting the hq-agent discovers the newly add resource.
1. Running 'New Auto-Discovery' on the platform does not discover the newly created resources
2. Restarting the hq-agent discovers new resources
3. Running command line discover shows the newly created resources