Affects Version/s: 4.5 Sprint 28, 4.5 M6, 4.5
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: UI / UX
Environment:HQ-server 4.5.0-EE-91 running on RHEL 5.4
HQ-agent 4.5.0-EE-91 running on CentOS 5.4
- tc Server 2.5.0.CI-156 installed on hq-agent
Unable to Deploy an Application on tc Runtime server.
When attempting to deploy an application by selecting browse, chosing a webapp and clicking the Upload and Deploy button, the Hyperic Views panel goes blank and shows an error:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:38:32 UTC
Message: Expected ')'
The server.log shows only:
2010-09-09 14:37:31,669 INFO [tomcat-http--17] [TomcatappmgmtController@?] Invoking method: manageApplications with [id:, attachId:, eid:[2:11514], mode:[list]]
After selecting a webapp and clicking the Upload and Deploy button, the webapp is successfully deployed.
The selected webapp is not uploaded and deployed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install and start hq-agent on platform running tc Server
2. Log into Hyperic
3. Add to inventory from auto-discover
4. Go to Inventory tab and set Configuration Properties for tc Runtime
5. Go to View tab
6. Select Application Management
7. Within the Deploy an Application section, click the Browse button
8. Choose a valid webapp and click OK
9. Click the Upload and Deploy button
10. Note the reported browser error and the webapp does not get uploaded
None via UI; manually upload and deploy app directly to tc Runtime server
See screenshots for additional details.