Affects Version/s: 4.5
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:HQ-server 4.5.0-EE-M7 running on CentOS 5.4
HQ-agent 4.5.0-EE-M7 running on RHEL 5.4
- Gemfire 6.5 RC2 on hq-agent
Gemfire plugin - no indication to setup configuration properties.
After creating a Gemfire Distributed System platform, the message 'Platform test Gemfire has been created' is displayed; however, there is no indication that configuration properties must be set.
As with other plugins, there is typically an indication that 'This resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.'
For example, a server could show:
This resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.
The problem is: Invalid configuration: Error reported by Agent @ 10.150.29.94:2411: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed! Username or password is null
Please turn on the server, or fix its Configuration Properties.
This type of message indicates to the user that the server is not fully configured and the configuration properties must be set to fully monitor the server.
In the case of GemFire Distributed System, the jmx.url, jms.username and jmx.password must be set.
If configuration is necessary to monitor a server, there should be an indication that the resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.
There is no indication that the resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log into Hyperic
2. Go to Browse - Resources
3. From the Tools Menu, select New Platform
4. Enter Proprties as necessary selecting Gemfire Distributed System for Platform Type
5. Click the OK button and Platform will be created
6. Click the Monitor tab
8. Click the Inventory tab
9. Note no indication that configuration properties are not set
1. Examining the Configuration Properties, note the Shared parameters (jmx.url, jmx.username, jmx.password) are blank.
2. Clicking the Edit button populates the jmx.url.