Affects Version/s: 4.5.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Deprecated: Agent:Plugin
Environment:HQ-server 4.5.1-EE-31 running on RHEL 5.4
HQ-agent 4.5.1-EE-31 running on RHEL 5.5
- ActiveMQ 5.4.2 on hq-agent
ActiveMQ plugin - Update instructions and configuration directions to specify requirement of starting Hyperic agent.
One of the requirements for monitoring ActiveMQ is that the user starting the Hyperic agent must have access to ActiveMQ. For example, if ActiveMQ is installed and started as root or activemq user, starting the Hyperic agent as non-root or non-activemq user will not auto-discover services.
Instructions and configuration directions indicate requirements to monitoring ActiveMQ
No specific instructions or configuration directions are indicated for starting Hyperic agent as user with access to ActiveMQ
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install and start agent on platform running ActiveMQ
2. Log into Hyperic.
3. Add ActiveMQ platform in to inventory from auto-discovery
4. Select ActiveMQ platform -> ActiveMQ server
5. Select Inventory tab
6. Click the Edit button for Configuration Properties
7. Note there are no specific instructions or configuration directions for monitoring ActiveMQ