Affects Version/s: 4.6, 5.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Agent / PDK
Environment:Hyperic server 4.6.0-EE-RC1 on CentOS 5.4 x64 with embedded PostgreSQL DB
Hyperic agent 4.6.0-EE_RC1 on Windows 2003 with WebSphere 6.1
WebSphere plugin - Unable to configure WebSphere 6.1; The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Invalid configuration: Error contacting resource: The WebSphere plugin needs a IBM JVM !!! (agent jvm=Sun Microsystems Inc.)
After installing and starting Hyperic agent on Windows 2003 running WebSphere 6.1, I am unable to configure the Configuration Properties. Attempting to set values results in:
The Hyperic agent was started with HQ_JAVA_HOME set to C:\sw\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java.
Also JAVA_HOME was set to the same.
Even setting HQ_JAVA_HOME at CLI before running hq-agent.bat start did not help.
The agent.properties is modified to include:
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwa64dev-20091106a (SR11))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Server 2003 amd64-64 j9vmwa6
423-20091104 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20091103_45935_LEdSMr
JIT - 20091016_1845_r8
GC - 20091026_AA)
JCL - 20091106
Able to configure WebSphere Configuration Properties if agent started with IBM JVM.
Unable to configure WebSphere Configuration Properties when agent started with IBM JVM.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install Hyperic agent on platform (Windows 2003) running WebSphere 6.1
- Edit agent.properties to include websphere.useext=true and websphere.installpath=[path]
- Set HQ_JAVA_HOME to point to IBM JVM
- Start hq-agent
- Note platform running WebSphere 6.1 is auto-discovered in AIQ
- Add to inventory platform running WebSphere 6.1 from AIQ
- Note WebSphere services auto-discovered
- Attempt to configure WebSphere Configuration Properties
- Note reported error that WebSphere plugin needs IBM JVM